Wednesday 20 March 2013

Guest Post - MakeUpLand 2011


Todays guest blog post is from MakeUpLand 2011.

I’m a social media, beauty, Kawaii (cute) junkie! Most of the time is spent online or chatting about makeup. I’m a 30-something year old Japanese-American makeup geek who wishes she were British (or at least possessed a British accent)! My dream is to go to Korea with an empty suitcase (to buy an exuberant amount of makeup & skincare goodies). XOXO. 


Face of the Day #1



Tutorials are too difficult to write on blog posts (in my opinion). And plus I’m not by any means an expert or professional at applying makeup! So, I decided to capture my very first “Face of the Day.” I cannot fathom the exuberant amount of makeup I put on this morning (18)! Holey moley ladies and gentlemen! Let’s get started and let me walk you through the products that I used:


Face (#1)


  1. CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation #855Soft Honey
  2. MAC Select Sheer/Pressed Powder NC40
  3. HourGlass Ambient Lighting Powder Radiant Light
  4. Tarte  Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Exposed
  5. Bourjois Bronzing Powder #52

The CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation is my current go to drugstore foundation. I apply it with my fingers.  When used with a brush it left splotchy foundation marks! Be mindful of what products you use with this product. I have heard that certain products do not blend well with this foundation. 


Face (#2)


  1. Etude House Goodbye Pore Ever (pore primer essence)
  2. SkinFood Red Orange Makeup Finish (matte type)
  3. Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist BR555
  4. Anastasia Brow Wiz Caramel 
  5. Naruko Narcissus Defense BB Sunscreen

Most important thing to put on your face after a nice moisturizer is sunscreen! Gotta protect your face from the sun. The Naruko sunscreen does not leave your skin feeling oily and has SPF 55. Despite its name (BB Sunscreen), it does not act as a BB cream. Sorry folks!


Eyes


  1. Maybelline Lashionista Mascara #01 Black
  2. Milani Shadow Eyez #03 Champagne Toast
  3. Make Up For Ever HD Concealer #325
  4. Rimmel Chocolat Sweet Eyes #003
  5. Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze
  6. Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

Seriously! I use this product EVERYDAY! I am head over heals in love with it. It does not smudge, lasts all day (8-12 hours), and is cheap (in the States). Can you guess what I am raving about? It is the Milani Shadow Eyez. I have not heard many bloggers or YouTubers review this product but I simply find it uh-mazing! If you can get your hands on it, get it because you will not regret it! Check out my February Beauty Favorites for a mini review on the Milani Shadow Eyez. 


Lips


  1. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Dare Devil
  2. NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm

Why did not discover you sooner? The NUXE lip balm is dabomb.com! Yes, people it is that good. One of my holey grail lip balms! It leaves your lips super moisturized, soft, hydrated. I enjoy putting the balm on my lips at night and in the morning before I apply my makeup. I cannot live without you, NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm!

How many products do you use? Is 18 too much? 

MAKEUPLAND2011

1 comments:

Julie P. said...

Lovely post!!! I really want to try that Milani pencil now haha Although I don't NEED it... 18 is never too much. I probably use more. Woot! :D

Post a Comment