Monday 28 March 2011

NOTD - Models Own Disco Mix

I don't do many of these posts as I don't get to wear that much nail polish due to my job - basically after 5 mins of arriving at work it gets chipped so it's pointless putting it on.

As you may have seen in my recent haul post I bought Models Own polish in Disco Mix. I got this from ASOS with my Groupon just to make up the oddments so that I spent the qualifying amount. I didn't want to spent too much over £20 so this at £5 was perfect as I only needed to pay an extra £1.25! Not that I needed another polish but at £1.25 who's going to say no!

Lady_flower123 commented on the polish in the original post and asked that I do a swatch of it. I had intended on doing this last week but before I got chance to take photo's I chipped it terribly doing gardening so here is take two!

Natural light

With the flash

As you can see it is a mix of blue and purple glitter with no base colour. To get a nice block glitter effect I found it easier to apply in gloopy dollops and then to smooth out using the brush. It does take a little longer to dry doing it this way but it is quicker in the long run.

Only thing I have to say which is bad about this product is the amount of time it took for me to remove it. It took about 5 cotton wool pads and around 10 mins for it to come off. Even my Sally Hansen nail polish remover pot didn't shift it. But.....overall I love the polish and all of Models Own products!

0 comments:

Post a Comment