Thursday 31 March 2011

Save vs Splurge - Glitter eyeliners

I haven't done one of these posts for a while so I have got my act in order and this post is going to be comparing glitter eyeliners.

For years I've yearned to find a glitter eyeliner which actually applies like it looks in the tube and after many products I finally found the perfect one but is it a cheapish brand or a more expensive one?

I've got three different products which I'm going to compare:


Top - Bottom:
Next glitter eyeliner (came in a pack of 3) - £5.00 (about £1.66 each)
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals - £2.99
Too Faced Starry Eyed - £14.00


Swatches (in same order as above)
The photo hasn't come out as clear as it looks in real life so click to enlarge!

The first one I bought was Too Faced's Starry Eyed liner in Ooh & Aah. I picked this shade as I thought it would look nice over black eyeliner but I was majorly disappointed. Yes it does look nice over pencil eyeliner but the glitter effect is abit sparse. You have to reapply and reapply to get a good glitter line and even then I found that it didn't last all day as it came off really easy.

I then tried Next's glitter eyeliners. I got this in a pack of three (one clear, one blue and one pink). I thought for £5 for three it wasn't a bad price to try out but again I was left disappointed. There was even less glitter than the Too Faced one.

Finally I tried Collection 2000 Glam Crystals liner in Glitz and wow! I can't express how amazing this product is! I simply love it! By far it has the most glitter and glitz (appropriate for it's name!) and it lasts all day or all night depending on when you're wearing it!

So my final thoughts...
1st place - Collection 2000 Glam Crystals - Mid price product
2nd place - Too Faced Starry Eyed liner - Most expensive
3rd place - Next glitter liners - Cheapest

Have you used any of these? What did you think? Or have yo used another glitter liner which you could recommend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment