Monday 15 November 2010

Review - Good Things skincare

Good Things is a brand which was launched earlier this year and is only available from Boots. It was created by Alice Hart-Davis and doesn't contain any of the nasty stuff which is bad for us including: parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, animal ingredients and mineral oils (post on these found here). But they do contain 'superfruit' extracts which are a more natural way to cleanser and moisturiser your skin.

I bought a number of the products that are available a couple of months ago and have been using them everyday since and now I'm going to finally review them.


Products bought

L-R: Miracle Mattifier moisturiser, Dream Cream night cream, Stay Clear cleanser and Five Minute Facial face mask

And.... Good Clean Fun freshening polish and Bright Eyes eye cream


Reviews
Miracle Mattifying Moisturiser (RRP: £7.99)


Superfruits / super ingredients:
Blackcurrant - Anti-inflammatory and promotes clearer skin
Goji berry - Calms the skin and energises it
Licorice - Anti-inflammatory, brightens and clarifies
Mango seed oil - Moisturising

What I thought:
It's thicker than other face creams that I've used but a little goes a long way. It also sinks in and is absorbed quickly and it does leave the skin matte and not greasy. It smells gorgeous!


Dream Cream night cream (RRP: £8.99)


Superfruits / super ingredients:
Avocado oil: Rich in essential fatty acids, full of sterolins which leave the skin soft and is moisturising
Cranberry - Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory
Fig - Rich moisturising properties
Rice bran oil - Rich in anti-oxidants and contains squalene which is supposed to support the collagen in the skin
Shea butter - Extremely moisturising and helps repair the skin
Wheat germ oil - Calms the skin and counteracts dryness

What I thought:
I like the fact that with this product you can use it as a normal night cream or apply it in a thick layer, leave for 5 minutes and then wipe off as an intensive moisturiser. It is very think but again this means that you need very little. It smells really nice and even though it is thick it sinks into the skin easy and doesn't leave you feeling sticky or like you have a film over your face.


Stay Clear Cleanser (RRP: £4.99)


Superfruits /super ingredients:
Blueberry - Antioxidant and contain anti-irritant properties
Licorice - Anti-inflammatory, brightens and clarifies
Mango extract - Contains water soluble vitamins which act as antioxidants to boost the skin
Willowbark - Natural ingredient which contains salicylic acid which has an anti-microbial effect

What I thought:
A little goes a long way with this product. It doesn't foam up much but it doesn't contain any artificial foaming ingredients so this is to be expected. I felt that it does leave my skin clean and removes any make up that I have on (excluding mascara).


Bright Eyes eye cream (RRP: £5.99)


Superfruits / super ingredients:
Caffeine - Improves circulation and reduced puffiness
Di-Peptide-2: Reduced puffiness by improving the drainage of under-eye bags
Eyeliss - Reduced puffiness
Lychee - Contain vitamin C and potassium
Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7: Anti-inflammatory and soothes the skin
Raspberry - Soothes the skin and acts as an anti-oxidant
Shea butter - Extremely moisturising and helps repair the skin

What I thought:
This seemed to be extremely moisturising and hasn't irritated my eyes which some other eye creams can sometimes do. It has a light texture so is absorbed easily.


Good Clean Fun freshening polish (RRP: £4.99)


Superfruits / super ingredients:
Cactus stem - Soothing and hydrating and is full of anti-oxidants and moisturising polysaccharides which are sugars
Cranberry - Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory
Strawberry - Purifying, rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidants
Strawberry seeds - Exfoliating
Willowbark - Natural ingredient which contains salicylic acid which has an anti-microbial effect

What I thought:
I have only used this a few times and it does have a gentle exfoliating effect. I like how the strawberry seeds do the exfoliating but I prefer something more rough.


Five minute Facial face mask (RRP: £5.99)


Superfruits / super ingredients:
Avocado oil: Rich in essential fatty acids, full of sterolins which leave the skin soft and is moisturising
Blueberry - Antioxidant and contain anti-irritant properties
Goji berry - Calms the skin and energises it
Green clay/illite: Draws out impurities, tightens pores and banishes blemishes
Kaolin: Absorbs sebum and impurities
Shea butter - Extremely moisturising and helps repair the skin
Willowbark - Natural ingredient which contains salicylic acid which has an anti-microbial effect

What I thought:
I've only used this 3 times and found that unlike other masks this didn't result in me having loads of spots the next day. It does feel like it's tightening pores and absorbing oil which is mainly what my skin suffers from. It dries quick but I found it hard to remove.



Overall.....
I was impressed with this range and it has really helped to clear up my skin and since I started using it I haven't had any outbreaks of eczema on my face which is quite an achievement! Out if the products I tried I would repurchase both of the moisturisers, the cleanser and the eye cream. I think that the only product missing from this range is a toner. If they brought one out this range would be complete for me.

Has anyone else tried anything from this range? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment