Friday 29 April 2011

Review - L'Occitane repairing shampoo

As you might already know I love L'Occitane. I've tried pretty much every type of product they do: hand cream, foot cream, facial skincare, body lotion, shower gel, make-up and hair care. I had only ever tried their verbena shampoo and conditioner but I got a sample of their repairing shampoo for dry and damaged hair so gave it a try.


"Formulated with a natural origin vegetable complex of five essential oils (angelica, lavender, geranium, patchouli, ylang-ylang) and wheat proteins, this shampoo helps repair dry, damaged, colour-treated or chemically treated hair. Thanks to the strengthening and regenerating properties of this complex, it smoothes and softens capillary fibres. Your hair is left looking and feeling supple, shiny and silky."

So did it do what it was meant to? In a word, yes. Out of this sample I could have got two applications but I used it all in one go, a little goes a long way. It foamed it really well but washed out easily. My hair smelt lovely and it didn't irritate my scalp like some hair products can. Once dried and styled my hair did look shiny and had a smooth texture. My hair was also less greasy and it still looked healthy and shiny the next day.

Would I buy the full sized product? At £13.50 for a 300ml bottle it is pricer than other shampoos but I would without a doubt buy the fill sized bottle. Oh and of course the matching conditioner which is £13.50 for 250ml.

This is available from L'Occitane Boutiques and online. And currently these samples are available online when you purchase another product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment