Monday 11 February 2013

Book Review - Living Life the Essex Way: Towie and Me by Sam Faiers


The blurb....

Welcome to the glam world of Sam Faiers - star of hit TV programme The Only Way Is Essex. Read on to find out what it takes to be a REAL Essex girl. 

The Oxford Dictionary definition of an 'Essex Girl': A brash, materialistic young woman of a type supposedly found in Essex or surrounding areas in the South-East of England.

The Sam Faiers definition of an 'Essex Girl': A stylish, hard working, big hearted and family minded young woman found in Brentwood, or nearby areas (and Marbs).

In 2012 Sam Faiers was a normal 19 year old girl from Brentwood: she was working in a local bank, plotting a glamour modelling career and planning what outfit to wear to Sugar Hut. Then the first episode of TOWIE aired, and suddenly Sam was catapulted into a world of champagne cocktails, TV studios, nightclubs and paparazzi.

In Living Life the Essex Way, Sam lifts the lid on her childhood, her rise to fame and her beauty regime, as well as her dating rules, dealing with instant fame, the men in her life and what really goes on behind the scenes of the ITV2 show.


What I thought....

This book was so easy to read, so easy that I read it in under 24 hours! It is written exactly how Sam speaks and feels like you're talking to a friend. I loved reading about her childhood and her teenage years. I did skip the advice pages about dating, how to tan and how to get ready for a night out, personally I don't need telling how to do these things! This would be a perfect holiday read as it's easy going and would be easy to dip in and out of.


Pages....

240


Available on.....

iPad, Kindle and paperback!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I watch TOWIE but the only character book I've read so far is Chloe Sims one which was also an easy read, I read it in two sittings. I might give Sams one a read too when I get to a book shop to pick it up. Thanks for the review :)

Fiona @ www.labelledsm.blogspot.ie

xo

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just gotta read some trash! I like how you've skipped the dating advice....

Post a Comment