Tuesday 15 June 2010

A must read!

Image from Tesco.

I got this book last week and lets put it this way, it took longer to get delivered than it took me to read it!

Sharon Marshall is the soap news person off This Morning and this is her book about her time as a tabloid journalist. The back of the book says:

'I didn't know I was starting a life where I'd be asked to do three impossible things before breakfast, and be sworn at by four celebrities by lunch. I just thought, hey, I've got a job on a tabloid.' Sharon Marshall was a tabloid reporter for ten years. Along the way she saw and did some Very Bad Things. She also had a spectacularly lousy love life. It took the entire decade to realise the two may be connected. In her hilariously honest memoirs she reveals what really goes on behind the scenes at a major tabloid newspaper. What lengths will a tabloid hack go to, just to get the story? What do celebrities (secretly) do to get into the headlines? And can a job which involves fighting with popstars, pretending to be a swinger and provoking a fuming Jeremy Paxman ever make you marriage material?

It's a hilarious and shocking read with incidences that you really couldn't make up. It's a great summer read so check it out.

2 comments:

Pretty Little Funker said...

I think I shall have to be reading this aha. Great post. Check out my giveaway babes <3 xxx

Karla said...

@Kim you really should read it, i hope there's going to be a second book I want to hear more! I've seen your giveaway and i'm going to enter it tomorrow, it looks fab xx

Post a Comment