Thursday 17 June 2010

Review - Mascaras

I bought both of these mascaras a while ago and had very high hope for them both.

Firstly I bought the Avon Super Shock mascara which costs £8.00. The funky limited edition packaging played a major part in purchasing it - I'm a sucker for animal prints! The brush on the end of the wand is long, very long, and as for the width of it, it's nothing special. It gives nice lash definition but I wouldn't say that it lives up to it's name. If I were choosing a mascara for a night out I defiantly wouldn't choose this one.

Secondly I bought the new L'oreal volume million lashes mascara which retails at £10.99. I have commented on quite a few blogs that I didn't like this mascara but after using it religiously for the last few day I'm going to swallow my pride and say that I was wrong (phew, that hurt!).

The brush is alot smaller in length than the Avon mascara but it is slightly wider, still not as wide as my all time favourite Maxfactor False Lash Effect. I think that because of this it is easy to layer up to create the ultimate volumising effect.

Overall, I have used better mascaras: Maxfactor's False Lash Effect and Revlon's Double Twist are my number one and two favourites.

Personally I defiantly wouldn't purchase the Avon mascara again but I would probably buy the L'Oreal one, if it was on offer!

Have you tried either of these? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment