Thursday 27 January 2011

Haul - Lily Lolo, Everyday Minerals, Next & Boots

This post was originally scheduled for just after christmas but my Everyday Minerals order took almost a month to get here so I've merged 2 posts together.


Lily Lolo


I sent for some samples from Lily Lolo a few months ago as they're really affordable and they're really handy as a try before you buy because there's nothing worse than buying the full sized product only to find the colour match is horrendous. They're also good for trying different shades of bronzers and blushers which you're not quite sure about.

For christmas my boyfriend gave me £50 to go with my present so I thought I'd buy some things of my product wishlist.

I had previously bought a sample of Barely Buff foundation (£12.49) and Nude concealer (£7.29) and was impressed with the colours so bought the full sized products. I also got 2 samples, 1 darker concealer, Caramel, for summer and 1 blusher in Cherry Blossom. These are 79p each.


Everyday Minerals


This is my first order from Everyday Minerals, which is an American company, but I last year I won a competition where I won a full sized blusher and this is what got me interested in mineral make up. 

When I looked on their website they had an offer on where you got 25% off when you bought 3 full sized products so with the remainder of my money from the BF I bought some goodies.




Top: Mate Base in light medium and Sunlight colour corrector
Middle: Dark brown brow colour
Bottom: Like Lady Bird Lake Blusher, Nick Nack blucher and multi tasking intensive base


Clockwise from top: Matte Base, Sunlight and brow colour 


Clockwise from top: Multi tasking intensive base, Like Lady Bird Lake and Nick Nack blushers

I chose these products as I had never found an SLS and paraben free matte base so jumped at the chance to try this. It also comes in lots of different colours apposed to the usual white so it gives a lovely natural finish whether using alone or under foundation. 

I started using Benefit's Lemonaid colour correcting primer (for my dark under eye circles) a few years ago but when I use mineral or powder products over the top I find it becomes a little cakey so I discovered Lily Lolo's Peepo colour corrector but then I saw Sunlight on the Everyday Mineral's website and thought I'd give it ago. It is less yellow than the other 2 products but I think it covers better. 

The brow colour I had never seen in a mineral form so that was reason enough to buy it. And this pot should last me forever as I only use a teeny tiny amount.

And finally I chose the 2 mini samples just because I liked the colours of the blushers and Nick Nack is very similar to Dandelion by Benefit which I want but can't afford and the multi tasking base can be used as an eyelid primer before eyeshadow so this could be an alternative to Benefit's Stay Don't Stray but I haven't used this yet.


Next


My grandma gave me £40 as a part of my christmas present as I said that I wanted some new cutlery. I had seen some in Next but no one else liked them and they were £30 but then I saw these spotty ones for £12 and thought they'd do the job just as well and if they broke or got lost it wouldn't be such a loss and duplicate sets wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. As I had £28 left over I saw this cute bulldog doorstop which I thought was sooo cute so I bought him too for £16.


I have 3 other doggy doorstops which live on my stair so he's joined the family but he still has no name. My Westie one is called Wesley so if anyone can help?!


Boots


I had a couple of No7 vouchers and I used one of them on this limited edition lipstick from their spring collection. This is 'Grace' and it's more pinky than I would normally choose but it looks very girly and also the packaging is so funky! This is £10 or £5 with your voucher!



Have you bought any nice goodies lately? Or have you bought any products the same as mine?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

must look out for the minerals xxxx

Post a Comment