Saturday 7 May 2011

Save vs Spurge - Face Primers

Face primers see to be everywhere at the moment. You apply over your moisturiser to create a smooth base for your make up so it lasts longer. There are a number of different products on the market which all vary in price. I've chosen three which are widely available to test.



17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer
£4.99 - 15ml
This comes in a tube with a screw on top (hygienic as you're only touching the amount of product you need) and is a creamy coloured lightweight cream. It glides on easily, dried quickly and leaves you skin silky smooth. I use mineral make-up which can sometimes go on cakey but after using this it went on really really well but..... it didn't last all day. When I'm at work I apply it at 6.45 and sometimes don't take it off until after 10pm and on my sponge there wasn't alot which came off which means it came off during the day. I think if I was applying my make up for only a short amount of time this would be perfect but for a long day then it wouldn't be my first choice.


Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer
£6.99 - 30ml
Full review can be found here. This has a pump dispenser which is good as if you have spots you don't want to be touching them then putting your fingers in a pot to get your primer and spreading bacteria. I use just under one pump for my face and smooth it on. It is slightly creamy in colour and dries really quickly. My make up goes on smoothly and really does look flawless all day. It's not often that when I take my make up off at night my sponge is covered in foundation as normally it's come off!

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer
£14.29 - 15ml
This was one of the first primers on the market, well it was certainly one of the first I remember seeing. I bought this after alot of deliberating as it is quite pricey but I had a money off coupon so put it to use against this. The texture is a cross between a putty, mousse and rubber, I find it weird! It's a baby pink colour and is in a screw top pot. I have only used this a few times mainly because I prefer pumps or squeezy tubes, the fact you have to put your fingers in the post is abit unhygienic. It did leave my skin feeling lovely and silky but it took a little bit of time to dry and if you put too much on it does go cakey and then peels off.


Overall thoughts:
1st: Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer
2nd: 17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer
3rd: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer


Have you used any of these what did you think to them? Or have you tried any others which you would recommend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment