Thursday 26 July 2012

Face wipes: The best and the worst

I first wrote a face wipes comparison post way back in October so thought it was about time that I wrote another. So what's it all about? I buy and test out a selection of face wipes and rate them out of 10 depending on value, thickness, wetness, ingredients and how well they remove my make up. 


Morrisons Complexion Face Wipes - £1.28 for 25 wipes (Morrisons)


These wipes for pretty much what I expected for the money. They weren't very thick, they were quite dry but for just over a quid I couldn't really complain. I wouldn't buy these again as I've used much better for a similar price. 


My overall impression: 5/10.


Johnson's Daily Essentials Oil Balancing Facial Cleansing Wipes - £3.29 for 25 wipes (Boots)


Johnsons are probably one of the most popular face wipes on the market and I can kind of see why. They smelt fresh and were thick and wet all the way through the pack. They claim to remove waterproof mascara which I didn't try but they did remover the remainder of my mascara that I hadn't removed properly. These are 13p per wipe.


My overall impression: 8/10.


Good Things Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes - £3.49 for 25 wipes (Boots)


These wipes were thick and strong and one wipe removed all traces of make up. They smelt nice and are good value for money at just under 14p per wipe. They also contain no nasty ingredients like parabens or SLS.


My overall impression: 10/10!


Lacura 3 in 1 Facial Cleansing Wipes - 89p for 30 wipes (Aldi)


I was seriously impressed with these wipes. They were really moist all the way through the pack, thick, removed make up well, even mascara and they were nicely lightly scented. But they did contain parabens but for the price, just under 3p per wipe, you can't complain.


My overall verdict: 9/10.


Neutrogena Multi-Defence Gentle Purifying Wipes - £3.99 for 25 wipes (Boots)


These had quite a strong scent which I didn't really like but they were slightly thicker than regular wipes and were quite thick. They removed most make up but sometimes I had to use two wipes. These worked out at 13p a wipe and they don't contain parabens or SLS.


Overall verdict: 7/10.



Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Natural Glow Facial Towelettes - £4.99 for a pack of 30 (ASOS)


These were the thickest wipes I think I've ever used, were really moist and removed all traces of make up. They did have quite a strong scent which I wasn't too keen on. They are quite pricey for a pack of wipes, works out at 16p a wipe. These don't contain parabens of SLS.


Overall verdict: 8/10.


So out of the six packs of wipes I tried my favourite were the Good Things Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes which got an amazing 10/10! And take my word for it avoid the Morrisons Complexion Wipes at all costs as they are toss.

Which face wipes do you love? They could be featured in my next face wipes comparison post!

1 comments:

LadyBugSays ... said...

Great review. At the minute I am using the Lacura wipes from Aldi and the Kleenexe face wipes, loving them both!

Post a Comment