Friday 2 July 2010

30 day challenge - Day 4

Day 4 (I know I'm behind on this) of the 30 day challenge is my favourite book.

So I’m the kind of person who only ever reads a book once/ I never re-read as I’ve read it once why would I read it again? A bit silly I suppose because how many times do we re-watch TV shows?


The obvious choice for this one would be Harry Potter but like I said that would be obvious and a boring choice, so I’ve been thinking outside of the box.....


I finally chose, I suppose an unusual choice for a girl, a book which I read during my A-Levels. I watched the mini-series first and have the box set but I just had to read the book and that is......


Yep Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. Like I said it’s an unusual choice, a book about war. But it is a factual book about actual American soldiers, E Company to be precise, in world war two and is told in chronological order from their training up to the war ending.


It's not an easy read by any means. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry, but most of all it gives you such admiration for those men who risked their lives for us to live in a democracy and not a communist state ruled by Hitler.

1 comments:

Olenka :) said...

sounds pretty deep..maybe I'll check it out one day xxx

Post a Comment