Monday 26 July 2010

Book Review - Angel - Katie Price

"A book by Katie Price, it'll be rubbish" I hear you say. I have to admit I was thinking the same thing as I bought it.

Ok, so Katie Price didn't sit down and write each of the 400+ pages herself, actually I bet she didn't even write 1, but she, supposedly, came up with the idea and plot herself.

(Image from: Google Images)

'Angel' was Katie's first novel and I wasn't expecting great things from it. I thought it would be a trashy, badly written, corny story that I would hate but how I was wrong. I started reading it yesterday morning and by page 25 I was hooked.

It got straight into the story and there was, at first no background on the characters, you got what you saw and then it gradually got fed into the story so you could make your own mind up about them before hearing anything that could taint your view.

From the beginning you want the best for Angel who is a 17 year old, adopted girl who it seems is a let down to her family who spends her summer working as a life guard to try and save up money to go to art school and she has a serious crush on her brother's friend, Cal, but he only seems interested in other girls and Angel doesn't feel like she stands a chance with him.

When she's working she get's 'discovered' by a model agent and she quickly becomes a top glamour model and we witness everything that comes with being a celebrity.

I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil it but seen as I finished it this afternoon I would defiantly recommend it and I'd go as far as saying that it's possibly the best book I've ever read! With this in mind I'm starting straight on the sequel: Angel Uncovered.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive read all of katie's books I love them !

Post a Comment